Written by Eric Yee Wednesday, 24 October 2012 12:26
The Master Chief is coming back to the Halo franchise on November 6th and he is bringing a slew of new maps with him. Microsoft and 343 Industries have announced three map packs for the upcoming Halo 4, each of which will include three maps for players to do battle upon. The map packs will be released between December 2012 and April 2013 and can be purchased as part of a "War Games Map Pass" for a savings of %15. The War Games Map Pass can be purchased for $24.99 or 2,000 Microsoft Points.
In addition to getting all the map packs at a discount, those who purchase the War Games Map Pass will get two exclusive in-game helmets and a special in-game emblem to outfit their Spartan with. The details on each map pack and their included maps can be found below:
Crimson Map Pack (December release timeframe)
- Maps: Wreckage, Harvest, Shatter
- Description: Witness the chaos of a clash of civilizations in Wreckage, with its blend of claustrophobic spaces and dangerous exposures and venture into the human colony environs of Harvest, and explore a human foray on an alien moon in Shatter.
Majestic Map Pack (February release timeframe)
- Maps: Landfall, Monolith, Skyline
- Description: Landfall’s emphasis is on infantry battles against a glittering ocean on a distant world, while Monolith exposes you to the naked vacuum of space – and the firepower of opposing teams, and Skyline’s distinctly industrial feel provides new challenges in somewhat familiar, but occasionally confined spaces.
Castle Map Pack (April release timeframe)
- Maps: Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition
- Description: Daybreak is set in a military facility against the backdrop of an idyllic mountain range, while Outcast plunges you into the warrens, canyons and arches of an alien edifice, and Perdition takes players into the heart of an urban sprawl, with tactical speed and situational awareness its key features.