Written by Eric Yee Thursday, 10 May 2012 13:00
Kalypso has unveiled a new stealth action game called Dark that will be released in early 2013. Dark puts the player in the role of a vampire looking into the secrets of the mysterious GeoForge Corporation. Players will move stealthily through the futuristic urban landscape while using their vampire skills, stealth and and lethal abilities to destroy enemies in their path.
As you can see from the screenshots below, Dark uses cel-shaded graphics to convey the dark and dangerous world this vampire inhabits. Some of the Dark's features include:
- Stealth and action combine as players walk the world in darkness and silence, attacking their unsuspecting foes with supernatural fury
- Use powerful vampire abilities and hard-hitting melee attacks to defeat dangerous enemies -- turn into a puff of smoke and disappear, or close with your foes in an instant!
- Powerful and intelligently controlled AI enemies mix the fantastic with the real-world. Battle police and elite special forces along with ghouls and other vampires
- Castles, museums, skyscrapers, nightclubs and more are rendered in stunning 3D cel-shaded graphics, beckoning the player to explore -- but beware, powerful enemies hide everywhere
- RPG element mix with a compelling story – players will build up their skills through successful evasion and combat, while advancing the story through conversations with NPCs
Dark is being developed by by RealmForge, creators of the award-winning Dungeons for the Xbox 360 and PC. Check out the very first screenshots of Dark: